Benefits for active-duty military personnel, Veterans and their families.
About VA Home Loans
VA helps active-duty military personnel, veterans and their families become homeowners. VA provides a home loan guaranty benefit that can help you purchase, refinance or renovate a home for your own personal occupancy.
VA Home Loan Privileges:
• Buy a home with no down-payment – a benefit no other loan offers.
• Refinance up to 120% loan to value on your home.
• No mortgage insurance premiums.
Most members of the military, veterans, reservists and National Guard members are eligible to apply for a VA loan. Active-duty members generally qualify after about six months of service. Guard must wait six years to apply, but if they are called to active duty before that, they gain eligibility after 181 days of service.
* Potential borrowers must obtain a certification of eligibility before applying for a loan.
Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL)
Also called the Streamline Refinance Loan, can help you obtain a lower interest rate by refinancing your existing VA loan. You can also refinance an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) into a fixed rate mortgage.
VA Loan Document Checklist:
1. Certificate of Eligibility: Link to Certificate
2. W2 for previous two years.
3. Two months most recent bank statements.
4. Paystubs for last four weeks.
5. Homeowner’s Insurance Information.
Click here to get started